John Livesay, Vice President
Infranet Technologies Group
235 Government Center Drive, Suite 200
Wilmington, NC 28403
NC-based Infranet Technologies Group Helps Implement Private Cloud Infrastructure for Next Generation 911 System in Tennessee
Wilmington, NC (September 15, 2014) – Innovations in emergency communications are prompting emergency response centers across the country to prepare their infrastructure for Next Generation 911 (NG911). NG911 gives people the ability to report an emergency using texts, images and other multi-media from their mobile devices.
North Carolina based Infranet Technologies Group, Inc., in partnership with TriTech Software Systems, recently helped the Hamilton County Emergency Communications District in Chattanooga, Tennessee upgrade to a new, state-of-the-art system capable of supporting NG911. TriTech’s powerful software platform relies on dependable infrastructure to meet the demanding needs of a 911 center. Infranet was able to supply and install this foundation while working closely with TriTech to meet Hamilton County’s tight budget and deadline goals, both of which were achieved to the client’s high satisfaction.
By utilizing Infranet’s knowledge of advanced virtualization and networking technologies, Hamilton County built a 911 center that is extremely resilient to disaster. Their newly installed infrastructure will automatically failover to a secondary datacenter if disaster disrupts their primary datacenter, ensuring that they never miss a 911 call. An additional advantage of this solution is that Hamilton County can manually failover their system to create maintenance windows for software updates. Scheduled failovers and failbacks are conducted throughout the year to ensure operational readiness. These exceptional levels of redundancy and testing mean that the Hamilton County 911 dispatch will continue to accept emergency calls through disaster, maintenance and planned secondary datacenter migrations.
• After a competitive procurement process, Hamilton County selected Infranet Technologies Group’s private cloud solution for their fault tolerant mission-critical infrastructure.
• Infranet worked hand-in-hand with multiple vendors, including TriTech Software Systems (a maker of NG911 call handling solutions) to ensure the solution was delivered on time and within budget.
• Infranet provided network and data storage solutions for both a primary and secondary center, with the ability to replicate data and applications between the primary and secondary datacenters in case of emergency.
• Infranet’s infrastructure also supports a virtualized 911 client training system to aid rapid adoption by 911 operators.
• Infranet continues to work with Hamilton County’s IT department to test and support the implemented technology.
• Seth Graham, Director of Technical Services for Hamilton County 911 Emergency Communications District “In a 911 environment, uptime and reliability are obviously critical. We often look at the “what-ifs” that other organizations may not consider. Without a reliable infrastructure, this scale of IT project cannot succeed. Infranet provided reliable technology that was installed at a breakneck speed to get everything set up and operational.”
• Kevin C. Cox, Installation Services Manger – 911 for TriTech Software Systems “TriTech offers powerful, reliable solutions, but it requires well-designed and executed infrastructure to be truly successful and to meet the demanding needs of our customers. The success of this project can be attributed to a very well-orchestrated deployment, including Infranet’s responsiveness to our questions, change orders and need for on-time delivery.”
• Joe Lazorchick, Public Safety Account Executive for Infranet Technologies Group “Infranet designed this solution for a reasonable amount of data and application growth. The overall solution is very scalable and secure. Hamilton County didn’t want their secondary center waiting around for an emergency, which is why we have planned failovers and failbacks that occur several times throughout the year. Together Infranet and Hamilton County are taking a proactive approach to answer any possible future threats.”
Infranet Technologies Group Website: www.infranetgroup.com
TriTech Website: www.tritech.com
About Infranet Technologies Group
Infranet Technologies Group, Inc. is a geographically boundless company that specializes in providing network and data center solutions for business critical infrastructures. Providing leading professional services for over a decade, Infranet employs engineers who have gained credibility through their excellent service and top-notch certifications from industry leading manufacturers such as Cisco, EMC and VMware.